28th February 2022
Covid-19 Update February 2022
I hope you are keeping well. We are looking forward to welcoming staff and students back to school next week following the half term break.
On 21 February 2022, the Prime Minister announced the government’s Living with Covid-19 plan and this has implications for schools nationally. To manage the transition to living with Covid-19 our robust risk assessment is based on the following:
- A request to families to continue twice weekly testing on a voluntary basis. Whilst the government guidance to continue testing has been removed, we believe that a cautious approach is right for the time being to protect our communities.
- From 24 February 2022 students and staff who test positive for the virus must stay at home and avoid contact with other people for at least 5 full days and then continue to follow the guidance until they have received two negative test results on consecutive days, only returning to school at that point or after 10 days even if the LFT continues to be positive.
- Anyone displaying the 3 main symptoms of Covid 19 (high temperature, new continuous cough, loss or change to sense of smell or taste) is advised get a PCR test in line with the guidance from the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA)
- Students and staff will be expected to ensure they clean their hands regularly; we will continue to provide hand sanitiser around our school buildings.
- Students and staff will be expected to maintain good respiratory hygiene following the catch it, bin it and kill it approach that we have become used to.
- We will continue to ensure that spaces are well ventilated.
- Finally, we will ensure we maintain thorough cleaning programmes to ensure frequently touched points are cleaned regularly.
We will continue to monitor infection rates in our schools, and if there are any local requirements to manage an outbreak within our schools, we will update you immediately. Please be assured that we will continue to follow published guidance to support the health, safety and wellbeing of our students and staff.
We are planning to revisit our risk assessment ahead of the 1 April 2022. Should you have any further questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact your school in the usual way.
It only leaves me to thank you once again for your understanding and support as we navigate our way to living with Covid-19.
Chief Executive Officer