EVERY SCHOOL DAY COUNTS!
Attendance and School hours
"The school puts a high priority on pupils’ welfare. Attendance has improved and is good.”
Ofsted October 2016
|8.30am||Gates open and Nursery start|
|11.30am||Morning Nursery collection|
Lunchtime Early Years
Lunchtime Year 1- Year 6
|3.05pm||End of school day for all pupils|
This equates to 30 hours of provision per week Reception - Year 6
There is a very clear relationship between the regularity with which pupils attend school and their academic achievement.
Pupils with good attendance benefit from:
- continuity of learning in lessons
- improved performance in formal assessments
- support and guidance with reading, writing and maths
- maintaining friendships
- developing good habits for life
We therefore ask for your full support to keep your child’s attendance a priority and aim for at least 97% attendance. Please let the office know before 9am, either by calling on
This can involve:
- Phone calls home
- Text messages
- Home visits
- Warning letters
- Invitations to attend meetings with the attendance team
- Referrals to the local authority educational social worker team
The school gates open at 8.30am and children line up ready to start at 8.40am. Any pupils arriving after this time will need to enter school via the School Office and will receive a late mark. Parents should also collect children promptly at 3.05pm
Please try to arrange medical appointments outside of school hours. However if there is no alternative,you must show the class teacher/office the appointment card or letter.
Recipe for fantastic punctuality
- 1 good pinch of preparation for the next morning
- 1 noisy alarm clock1 peaceful bedtime story
- 2 extra-large cups of sleep
- 1 good breakfast
- a sprinkle of enthusiasm
- Set your alarm clock.
- Read a bedtime story.
- Snuggle down and have a good night’s sleep (recommended sleep time of 10 hours).
- When your alarm clock rings get up straight away. (TIP –don’t go back to sleep as this could spoil the recipe).
- Wash, get dressed, have your breakfast and then brush your teeth.
- Finish off with a coat, shoes and a book bag.
- Remember anything else you need for the day ahead.
- Almost there, but make sure that you give yourself enough time to make your way to schooland arrive just before 8.35am full of energy
Well done you should now have fantastic punctuality!