31st December 2020
Parent letter regarding school opening 4 Jan 2021
31 December 2020
Arrangements for the start of the new term on 4 January 2021
We are writing today to confirm that the school will open again as expected on 4 January and we are looking forward to seeing all our children for a bright start to the new term.
Yesterday, The Government reviewed plans for opening schools and confirmed that they are ‘quite clear that we must continue to do all we can to keep children in school.’ Of course, this is only possible if we continue to work hard to keep our infection control arrangements working in school every day. You can help with this too and we would be grateful if you could remember to:
- Keep to the existing measures when dropping off and collecting children, keeping your distance as much as possible.
- Wear a mask if you are able when dropping off and collecting children.
- Avoid coming to the school office even if you have a query; instead telephone or email with your questions.
- Follow The Government’s Tier 3 rules at home, so that we reduce the risk of infection in school and within the community.
- Keep your children at home if they (or anyone in the household) have symptoms, arrange a test, and inform school of the outcome immediately. If you are unsure of what to do, please call the office.
As a school, we remain absolutely determined to do all we can to keep our children and staff safe from infection and are looking forward to an exciting new term as we welcome all our children back on Monday 4 January 2021.